Cuttino's Georgian Life

A journal of my Peace Corps service in the Republic of Georgia, 2006-2008.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Georgian Folk Dancing

Today I finally broke down and joined YouTube, even though my internet connection is too slow to actually watch the videos. Anyway, here's a video of Georgian folk dancing, which I've been raving about since I got here. This video is obviously professionally done, but it gives you a good look at all the costumes, dance moves and music. It does get a little crazy at the end (think: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), but you get the picture. I think after watching this you will all agree that Georgian folk dancing is pretty bad ass, regardless of what they say in Bulgaria.



Note: This video was distributed freely by the Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry without any copyright notices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home