Cuttino's Georgian Life

A journal of my Peace Corps service in the Republic of Georgia, 2006-2008.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Helping Out

I'm writing this from Cairo on my way through a pretty large chunk of the Muslim world, Central Asia and China. Unfortunately, due to the current problems in Georgia I'm going to have to delay my return to the country (I was supposed to go for a short visit in September). I have heard from a number of my coworkers, who have been allowed to return to Gori. Society Biliki is back up and running with minimal damage. Since they are in the thick of the relief efforts, they have their work cut out for them.

Since I'll be traveling, I'm planning to organize a project to help out with this work after the holidays. Hopefully by the winter we will have a better picture of the long term needs arising from this crisis. In the meantime, a group of former Peace Corps Volunteers have started an initiative to help out with the current basic needs of displaced people. You can visit their website here.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope that God helps the people of Georgia as well as yourself there in Egypt.Look to the Lord Jesus Christ to get you through. He alone can give us peace in the midst of trouble.He was the man of sorrows and aquainted with grief who came into the world to save sinners from their sins.He lived a sinless life,and died for all our sins against God on the cross,was buried,and rose again from the dead the third day,was seen of men,and went back up to heaven.If people will only repent of their sins against him and trust him as their God and Saviour ,he will forgive their sins and save them from hell fire forever and give to them a home in heaven. His shed sinless blood was the only atonement for sins God our Creator will accept.Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved,and thy house.(Acts 16:31).From Gods preserved word,the Authorized King James Holy Bible of 1611.For more information,www.AntrimFaithBaptistChurch.com or www.thegospelhour.org or www.TPGH.org , Sincerely; George

     

Post a Comment

<< Home